Museum Hours and Amenities
Stay Up-to-Date with us on Facebook: Fort Meade FL Historical Society & Museum
Days and Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10a.m. - 2 p.m. (2nd Tuesday of month 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.) and Saturday .. 10 a.m. to Noon.
* Special tours of the museum may be arranged by calling ahead of time. 863/285-7474
* Train Museum and Farm Shed are also available for meetings and events.
* Buy the Annual Museum Calendar featuring birthdays, wedding anniversaries and highlighted with photos from the past. To add your family dates is only $1 per entry. The calendar costs $8. And the enjoyment lasts all year. The calendar is the top fundraiser for the Museum.
* Family History Night ... On the 3rd Tuesday of the month the HSFM hosts family research and sharing beginning at 6:30 at the museum. Each month a different family is highlighted and those family members bring photos, research, tall tales and memories. Of course, you do not have to be a member of the highlighted family to attend. Everyone wanting to learn about family history research is invited. It's a great way to learn how others collect, preserve and research.
* Springtime 90-Year Old Luncheon ... Museum volunteers love to honor these special Fort Meade residents with lunch and Easter baskets.
* Friends of the Museum Appreciation Open House ... Being a Friend of the Museum has its perks and one of them is this event when Historical Society shows off the Museum and honors its members.
* May Pole Dance and Celebration ... May 1 at 9 a.m. Students from Lewis Anna Woodbury and Children's Development Center present a wonderful program including the traditional May Pole Dance. Probably the only place in these parts that still holds this event.
* History Ride-a-Long 2016 takes place November 17 to coincide with the Battle of Bowlegs Creek Reenactment Nov. 18,19,20. Beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the Museum, jump on the City Trolley to enjoy the night ride, learn some history, and start a tradition. You may come up on Acre-Foot Johnson, Civil War camps, Buckra Woman.... $5 per person (children under 6 free). Return to the museum for cookies and punch and free tour of Fort Meade's history on display.
* February Country Fair 2017 ... People's Choice Car Show, Historic Displays ... Come join us for a day of fun at Museum Park. Oh, and don't forget to order your BBQ dinners early! Only $10 ! Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.